The article presents a complex of pulpit altars founded in historical Upper Silesia, which has not been comprehensively discussed in the literature so far. In many publications, these altars were not mentioned or were not referred to as pulpit altars. The article is the first study of this issue in the above-mentioned area, taking into account the status of research. Despite the modest and fragmentary resource of publications on Upper Silesian pulpit altars, on the basis of abibliographic and field query, preliminary findings on: location, state of preservation (typology of changes after 1945), types and style. On the basis of bibliographic and iconographic references, it can be assumed that at least 18 pulpitaltars were built in Upper Silesia, of which 15 have survived to this day. The first altar of this type was erected in the Kluczbork Land in Wierzbica Górna in 1729. The altars were erected in the following towns: Bielsko, Gierałcice, Gracze, Jakubowice, Kolonowskie, Niemodlin (now in Krapkowice), Piasek near Lubliniec, Pokój, Proślice, Radomierowice, Rozumice, Ruda Śląska-Wirek, Rybnik, Skoczów, Ściborzyce Wielkie, Stare Bielsko, Tarnowskie Góry. The characteristics of selected altars are also presented: in church of John the Baptist in Stare Bielsko, church ofThe Holy Trinity in Skoczów, church of the Saviour in Bielsko designed by Heinrich Ferstel, known for theimplementation of the Votive Church in Vienna and church of the Saviour in Tarnowskie Góry designed by Adolf Seiffhardt. The discussed pulpit altars from Upper Silesian churches were based on the designs of architects from completely different backgrounds and are examples of various stylistic and typological formations.
|Krzemińska-Szołtysek, Sylwia, The pulpit altras in historical Upper Silesia||2021-03-19|
Filaber, Joanna Kocowski, Tadeusz (1951- ). Red. Błażewski, Maciej. Red. Raduła, Michał. Red.
Husak, Marcin Konieczny, Afred (1934- ). Red. Ptak, Marian J. (1950-). Red.