Subject and Keywords:
The origin of the Division of History of Polish State and Law is associated with the Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics of the University of Wrocław, established in 1945. The Division of History of Polish State and Law began operating as part of this Faculty. In 1950, the complex of History and Legal Departments was established, and it incorporated three scientific units, one of which was the Department of History of Polish State and Law. This complex of History and LegalDepartments, whose name was in 1965 extended by the word “state” the complex of History of the State and Law Departments, was headed by Professor Seweryn Wysłouch. The Institute of History of Polish State and Law, consisting of four teaching units, was established on 1 September 1969. Its first director was Professor Kazimierz Orzechowski, followed by Professor Alfred Konieczny, and, currently Professor Marian Ptak holds this office. The leading unit of the Institute was the Division of History of Polish State and Law chaired, since its establishment in 1969, by Professor Franciszek Połomski, and since 2005 by Professor Leonard Górnicki. Scientific achievements and socio-political activity, especially of former teachers working in the Division of History of Polish State and Law, are impressive. Professors Kazimierz Orzechowski, Franciszek Połomski, Alfred Konieczny, Jerzy Chodorowski, Stanisław Rogowski are all associated with this Division. Currently, the Division of History of Polish State and Law is one of the smallest organizational units at the Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics of the University of Wrocław and it employs two professors Leonard Górnicki, Piotr Jurek and two assistant professors Andrzej Pasek, Tomasz Dolata.