Subject and Keywords:
The Department of Public International Law, after the Second World War was founded at the University of Wrocław in 1946. As the first head of this unit was appointed Prof. Stanisław Hubert, the former professor of the Jan Kazimierz University in Lviv. The Wrocław school of international law was grounded and developed by the team of four scientists and academic teachers: Stanisław Hubert, Karol Wolfke, Jan Kolasa and Kazimierz Kocot. In the 1990s the unit was changed into the Department of Public International and European Law as a consequence of the increasing role of the European Community law within the domain of international relations. At the moment the Departmentis headed by Prof. Krzysztof Wójtowicz. The team is now composed of 12 researchers and associated PhD students. To the main fields of interests of the Department belong issues of sources of international law, law of the treaties, international jurisprudence, institutional and material law of the EU, external relations in the EU, law of international organizations, international criminal law as well as international biomedical law.