Object

Title: The beginnings of the closedown of catholic foster care educational institutions after WW II

PLMET:

click here to follow the link

Description:

The family throughout centuries

Abstract:

After World War II an important position in Polish protective and educational system was taken by institutions conducted by Catholic church and convents. Especially important were orphanages, nurseries, day nurseries, kindergartens, special institutions and dispensaries, mother and child information centers. After the election to Sejm in 1947 the government gradually started to limit religious education in all three types of schools, close down Catholic schools and protective and educational institutions. The aim of such activities was to prevent the Catholic church in Poland from educating children and youth. Every year the numberof protective and educational institutions conducted by orders and convents decreased. The representatives of most important social groups tried to defend the institutions which were being closed down. Unfortunately, the activities did not have any positive effect.

Date issued:

2011

Resource Type:

journal

Format:

application/pdf

Identifier:

ISSN 2082-9019 ; e-ISSN 2300-5866 ; doi: 10.23734/wwr20112.321.336

Language:

pol

Relation:

Wychowanie w Rodzinie, T. 2 (2011), s. 321-336

Is referenced by:

click here to follow the link

Licence:

Rules of usage of Digital Library of Wroclaw University

Licence text:

click here to follow the link

Rights holder:

© Copyright by Witold Chmielewski

Location of original object:

Biblioteka Instytutu Pedagogiki UWr

Autor opisu:

h.w.

Object collections:

Last modified:

Feb 21, 2018

In our library since:

Oct 9, 2015

Number of object content hits:

28

All available object's versions:

http://repozytorium.uni.wroc.pl/publication/66784

Show description in RDF format:

RDF

Show description in OAI-PMH format:

OAI-PMH

This page uses 'cookies'. More information